If I ever get in a food fight…this fruit salsa is what I want thrown at my face. Well this or my macaroni salad…I don’t know how to choose!
Do you ever make something, eat it all, and then wish there was more, and then make more so you can eat it all over again? If not you will know what I mean after you make a batch of this!! I have made this healthy fruit salsa dessert for a few years now and recently I started cooking for a family and they requested it. Normally I make it during the summer when we have local fresh fruit but I will never pass up an opportunity to whip this fruit salad up.
The best thing is that since there isn’t a lot of fresh fruit to pick up at the store I decided to add some essential oils to it and replace some of the non ripe fruits. I thought it was da bomb dot com before but after adding some lemon and tangerine oil, I have by far outdone myself!
**(I am addicted to essential oils, but I am going to warn you. There are only certain brands that are meant to be ingested. Not every oil is PURE like the labels say so please make sure you read the fine print on the back of the bottles before you ingest anything. I found this out the hard way.
Now I only use doTERRA and so many of my friends wanted to get oils that it turned into a little side business, so if you are interested in getting oils you can go to www. mydoterra .com/jessicabures (remove spaces) id# 2063015 and pick some up…most people start with the Natural solutions package and sign up for a wholesale membership (not preferred..preferred members only get 20% off purchases, wholesale gets 25%!! plus there are more perks with the wholesale account).
If you have questions about what to get please reach out to me so I can walk you through the steps and answer any of your oil questions. I have done a lot of research and love sharing my knowledge with anyone interested in learning!)**
Ok back to this fruit salad stuff! Here is another photo so you can drool some more!
The instructions are below but if you are visual and want step by step photos with the instructions you can find it HERE on my Guidecentral page!
To eat this yumminess you can drizzle it over angle food cake or use cinnamon chips to scoop it up. If you are lazy like me just grab a spoon and dig in!
- You can add any fruit you want to this. It is great with kiwis or bananas but it gets mushy so I like to only use them when I know the fruit salsa is going to be devoured the same day it is made. Blueberries are another great fruit to add and gives it great color contrast!
- Weird ingredient…marshmallows! My daughter loves adding marshmallows to her fruit salsa.
- Dice fruit by hand or pick up this amazing food chopper that I use specifically for this. It makes all of the fruit into tiny chunks more so than my Ninja. I use the food chopper from Tupperware quite a ton, it is definitely a handy quick tool to have in the kitchen!
- 1 package strawberries
- 1 package raspberries
- 3 granny smith apples
- 2 drops lemon oil (doTERRA brand)
- 2 Drops tangerine oil (doTERRA special)
- 2 tbl sugar
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Cut tops off of the strawberries and dice.
- Dice raspberries
- Mix all 3 fruits in a bowl. Then add the essential oils and stir some more.
- Add 2 tbl sugar and stir again.
- Place in fridge until ready to eat.
Product Links for Tools Used to Make this Fruit Salsa
If you need a few more recipes check out my most viewed recipes…