After creating my #BlogTipTuesday series I started to get emails asking for lists of places I use for affiliate sales, plugins I recommend, books I have read and so on. I don’t know why I didn’t think of putting this page together sooner, so a HUGE thank you to everyone who has contacted me asking questions and kicking my butt into gear!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make.
My Most Reccommended…
If you look no further on this page, these are the 3 things that you should know about before you start a blog, or if you are making a new one. I find myself recommending them in emails, random conversations, and in posts constantly. They make my life easier, and I think you will agree!
BLUEHOST: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Bluehost for your first site. Also, you can use the same hosting account for multiple domains if you plan on creating more websites. They have great support 24/7, they offer faster loading pages (one thing that will give you a leg up in the blogging world), and you get a free domain! Bonus!
Genesis Framework: You will hear about a million and 1 bloggers talk about Genesis Framework, its what can turn a blog into a power machine! They have a ton of themes to choose from too! You will see this launched on the blog shortly..super excited about this!!
- How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul -such a valuable resource in itself!
- Manage your Day-to-Day Build your Routine, Find your Focus and Sharpen your Creative Mind – need I say more?
- Building a Framework-Everything I learned my First Year of Blogging – Awesome book from starting up a blog to kicking ass at it! And she is local to me…making $6000+ a month, sign me up! She also has a
- Eat That Frog – working for yourself can be a bitch! Great book on kicking the nasty habit-Procrastinating!
- Evernote Essentials – Evernote is my way to be paperless and organized! This is a great book that teaches you all of its secrets! You can read about Evernote here.
- How to Grow Your Blog: Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials from 30 Top Bloggers – I love that it includes so many great bloggers giving their top tips!! Great book to have as a resource!
- Bloggers & Brands – I just started this one, but am LOVING it so far! It has great info on how to work with brands, writing pitches, and worksheets to go with it!
Photography & Images
- My camera: Cannon T5i that link comes with a lot of the accessories I have purchased and I recommend this Shutter Remote! It is a great tool to have so you don’t accidentally bump your camera while snapping a photo.
- Basics of Digital Photography – best beginners course I have taken so far. Teaching you all the ins and outs of using a DSLR.
- Canva.com for making quick images for social media or just getting sizes for the images you need for social media sharing.
- Picmonkey – I use this site quite often. Great for editing images if you do not have Photoshop or adding text to photos! It allows you to use the fonts you download onto your computer which is awesome since Canva does not.
- Photoshop – what I use to edit my photos
- Dafont – where I find a lot of the fonts I download
- How to Finding and Using Images on Your Blog -a MUST read for any blogger! Jam Packed with tons of tips and links!
- The Uber Ultimate Link Party List – you can find an extensive list of blogs that I link up at plus my Tuesday party
Powerful Blog Tips
- Top 5 Blogging tools I would Die without – I HIGHLY, like above the clouds high, recommend you join EVERY one of these programs I list in this post. If you want your blog to kick ass, these things will help you in so many ways!
- How to Magnify Your Google Adsense Earnings with this Simple Trick
- How to Start a Blog In 7 Steps
Powerful WordPress Plugins
- Filament – social media sharing icons (my floating bar and below my posts)
- JQuery Pin It Button For Images – its how I have that cute little box that pops up on my photos (its a must for getting people to pin your images more!!)
- Powered by MailChimp – my newsletter plug in to collect emails
- Subscribe to comments – so important if you want anyone to see your reply comments to them!
- CoSchedule – you can read about it here. It is my editorial calendar and my lifeline when it comes to sharing my content on social media!
- Limit Login Attempts – a great way to add extra security to your blog!
- All in One SEO – A MUST! This is how I add keywords to pages, posts and my blog and it does so much more than that..stats, you name it! This is the one plugin every blog should have!
- Tweet this – How I put those tweet boxes on my blog, although CoSchedule is rolling out a feature on their plug in with this so I may just switch to eliminate a plugin. (I’ll update on what I do)
- Google Fonts – so that you can change fonts on your site. I recommend only using a few fonts and fonts that are legible and easy to read. As a graphic designer, fonts that are hard to read at first site can turn people away.
- EWWW Image Optimizer – Helps shrink images files to speed up your image load times
- Pick Your Plum – I LOVE what they sale and its super cheap prices, plus the ad is cute and gets clicked a ton!
- Craftsy -they have a wonderful affiliate program..like $10 per affiliate you bring in and you make GREAT money on sales! If you are a crafter, diyer this is a MUST affiliate! Its not only my fave affiliate, its one of my fave sites to take courses on (you get a free AWESOME bonus when you sign on as an affiliate too!!)
- Share-A-Sale: this is a site that ha over 2000 businesses that you can become an affiliate for. Some businesses also offer paid bonus posts. So sign up with Share-A-Sale ASAP! This is where i get my links for Genesis, 316 designs (in my sidebar) and soo many more!
- Amazon – Anytime you are doing a post and need to link a product..this is the place to do it. The money is low if you are only selling a few things a month, but everything ads up!
- Moms Affiliate – sponsored posts, ad links and more!
- E-Junkie a great place to find books that you can link to and earn money from!
- Google Adsense
- Media.net (text links I place in high valued posts)
- Padsquad (takes care of my mobile ads and has doubled my monthly earnings so far) They do not have a referral link, so if you decide to sign up just mention my name (Jessica Bures) I will be glad to talk to you about my experience so far! Just leave a comment or shoot me an email.
If you have any questions on anything I have listed please do not hesitate to ask! I love helping and connecting with bloggers and those who want to start a blog! :)